A global group
Headquartered in Sydney since 1952, John Swire & Sons Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of UK based John Swire & Sons Ltd, parent company of the Swire Group whose holdings include, in addition to a number of significant privately owned companies, the publically listed companies Swire Pacific, Cathay Pacific Airways, Swire Properties, Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (HAECO), and the PNG based Steamships Trading Company.
John Swire & Sons Pty Ltd is the holding company that manages Swire’s interests throughout Australia. Swire’s business interests in Australia date from its early 19th Century shipping operations.
As Swire’s Australian representative, John Swire & Sons Pty Ltd provides management for local subsidiaries: HSE, Kalari and Swire Industrial Services.
Swire’s interests today cover a diverse number of industries including transport & logistics and mining services.
Australia is considered to be a favourable environment for the group to expand and grow its business investments. Growth is to be achieved through the organic growth of existing businesses and the acquisition of new businesses in industries that complement the Swire portfolio in Australia.
How we do business
Our people are at the heart of our organisation. We have a fundamental concern for our people – we believe all injuries are preventable and that zero harm is the only acceptable goal. We support our people to make good decisions 100 per cent of the time.
We are committed to the sustainable development of our businesses and we take the long-term view – in relationships with our people, our partners and customers, the communities in which we operate, and in finding new ways to reduce the resources we use.
How we do this – the way we do business and how we interact with each other – is guided by our values: integrity, excellence, humility, endeavour and continuity.
At Swire, we:
- are ethical and honest, we deliver on commitments and we create trusting relationships.
- are dedicated to innovation and excellence in everything we do.
- respect others and learn from them, we are aware of our own limitations and we listen to others with an open mind.
- relish challenge, we are resilient, and we know lasting success is hard won and nurtured with solid, responsible, hard work.
- take the long-term view, and have the privilege and responsibility of growing our businesses along sustainable lines.